Going though and developing the many many rolls of film that I have in my develop bin (some of which are from many many years ago) I often find ideas that I experimented with a while back but let fall to the wayside.
These are from my Public Washroom Series. Or at least will be my public washroom series when I pull it all together!
You see being that I always have a camera with me (even in the bathroom) I have started grabbing pictures of washrooms over the years. particularly the sinks. I love that there is a distinct lack of symmetry in most public washrooms even though it looks like there should be. I imagine this is due to the utilitarian nature of public washrooms as well as perhaps a little bit due to the dictation that plumbing tends to inflict on the washrooms design.
These are from the Nikon FG and were shot on Kodak 400 Black & White film.
some lovely Black & white film i just developed that was shot with the ever lovely Yashica
I am totally done with this day (last client left at 8pm) so here you are some shots from that first ever roll out of the Yashica C that I bought at the camera show in burnaby.
This is from a group photo walk with the users of the aforementioned Edge Photo Group. This was shot on Colour Neg Film (Kodak Portra VC400 I think) with a Mamiya RB67 and then Cross Processed. I like it.
K a certain tiger is having a BBQ so I leave you all now.
My building is awesome. If you haven’t heard me rave about our Amenities building before you will now. We have an awesome user run art building that contains pottery/wood/metal/print making/music studios as well a awesome darkroom that I help run. one of the things that we have acquired for the darkroom is the every lovely Epson V750 Film scanner.
This is a reasonably cost effective film scanner that will scan Negatives up to 8X10 and at way better quality then I could have imagined from a flatbed. I haven’t until recently had the opportunity to play with this magnificent beast until recently but I am super impressed with speed and quality!
I took this opportunity to develop a bunch of random rolls of film that I have had laying about (Truthfully I have a large box of undeveloped film some dating back to 2001) and I feel I should share.
This is from a trip to Tofino in 2009 (where we recorded the Tofino sessions)
Here are three more photos from the first roll of black & White that I have run thought the Yashica C.
This is the train yard in front of my house.
These are actually my front steps.
An old Train Caboose from Westlock alberta.
Again it is a crappy scanner so there are blacks and there are whites and not much in between :)
Last week I developed my first roll of Black & White film from the Yachica C down in our darkroom. (side note.. It has been a really long time since I have developed my own film I nearly forgot how to load it) I am quite happy with the results. The DOF with this camera is very shallow, more then I would expect from a medium format f/3.8 so sharp focus will be a bit challenging, but the viewfinder is quite bright and it does have a built in loupe so I should be able to get the swing of it in another roll or two. The bokah is certainly peerrrrttyyy though so a few out of focus will be well worth it. These were just quickly scanned in with my Canon flatbed so the photos are laking in the mid-tones, they are full of moiré where the negatives touch the flatbed, and they are scratched all to hell. :) I am excited to get an Epson V750 and an air compressor installed downstairs in the darkroom. Together they should make short work of scanning in the future.
These are some photos of my wonderful Honda CB400T that I am reasonably certain your sick of hearing me talk about, but it is what it is.
Yup this summer has gone by so crazy fast that it seem like last week that I made this little film using macro lenses with my camera, but it was instead February.
Way back in the day when I was going to be the next awesome filmmaker, long before there was even high definition this is what would pass for a complex and beautifully done art film. It would have required expensive cameras and macro lenses and a larger lighting kit to provide enough light for the special expensive camera, not even mentioning the hours of computer rendering. :)
Seems so much easier to do now :)